Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{five: how sweet it is}


Pictured above is my youngest, Sam, who will be five-years-old when he opens his eyes in the morning.  Every day for the past six months he has been asking, "Mom, how many more days until my birthday?"  And now finally {yahoo!} his day has arrived.  The pictures above were taken yesterday, and so perfectly capture what I love most about this age.  There he was, in the middle of a field of tall weeds and wild flowers, when he made the discovery.  "Mom!!!  I found the PERFECT flower for you!  Stay right there!"  And so he stumbled and marched and marched and stumbled through weeds as tall as he was, all the while holding a single, tired daisy above his head so nothing would happen to it.  By the time he finally made it to me, I was almost in tears at the sweet gesture.  When you're four {correction, almost five, sorry Sam} it makes perfect sense to do things like this...just to make your mom smile.  Love, love, love this age...maybe even more than he does!  Happy birthday, Sam!  I love you to pieces :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment